Connect with us

News & Entertainment

Yvette Nicole Brown Replacing Chris Hardwick For ‘Walking Dead’ At SDCC

Published

on

Listening to the pleas of fans, AMC has asked mega-fan Yvette Nicole Brown to take over moderating The Walking Dead panel at Comic-Con later this month.

While the cabler hasn’t said anything publicly yet, Deadline has learned that the Talking Dead regular and Mom actor will replace long time TWD SDCC panel host Chris Hardwick on July 20. Hardwick was accused of emotional abuse and sexual assault by an ex-girlfriend last month. A frequent presence at the San Diego confab, the early afternoon panel for TWD and spinoff Fear The Walking Dead is Brown’s Hall H moderating debut for the AMC shows.

Details are still being finalized but the 11:15 – 1:15 gathering in the San Diego Convention Center’s biggest venue is expected to include Andrew Lincoln, Danai Gurira, Melissa McBride, Jeffrey Dean Morgan, Norman Reedus, FearTWD’s Kim Dickens, Alycia Debnam-Carey, Colman Domingo and Lennie James plus EPs Gale Anne Hurd, Robert Kirkman and new TWD showrunner Angela Kang among others. If past years are any indication also expect to learn the premiere date of the new season of TWD and see a sneak preview of what is expected to Lincoln’s final year on the show.

Though Hardwick denies the allegations from Chloe Dykstra, the Talking Dead frontman decided to “step aside” from his TWD and Doctor Who SDCC moderating duties on June 16, AMC announced After remaining mum for a few days, the cabler also said at the time that “while we assess the situation, Talking with Chris Hardwick will not air on AMC.”

The decision came at the 11th hour as Season 2 of Talking with Chris Hardwick was set to premiere on June 17.

Brown’s pick as TWD moderator for SDCC can now only raise speculation that the ex-Community actor will end up as the host of Talking Dead when it returns this fall along with Season 9 of TWD.

Continue Reading
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

News & Entertainment

Cardi B Files Countersuit Against Ex-Manager, Asking for $15 Million in Damages

Published

on

Prestige readers, the legal battle between Cardi B and her former manager is most definitely heating up.

Two months after Klenord Raphael, a manager known as “Shaft,” sued Cardi B for $10 million, the rap star countersued with a $15 million lawsuit.

Shaft’s lawsuit was filed in April, days after Cardi B’s Invasion of Privacy album became a huge hit, debuting at No. 1 on the Billboard 200 album chart. Shaft claimed he was “disappointed by her actions to freeze him out of her career” and sought 20% of Cardi B’s gross income. The lawsuit also alleged that Cardi B defamed Shaft in social media by accusing him of “robbing” her.

Cardi B’s countersuit filed Thursday seeks to render as void her contracts with Shaft. The lawsuit alleges that Shaft was “a self-serving and controlling personal manager” who breached “contractual and fiduciary duties to Belcalis Almanzar, an immensely talented and trusting young artist.” (Almanzar is Cardi B’s real name).

While Cardi B acknowledges having a contract with Shaft, her lawsuit argues that it was breached after WorldStar, which is Shaft’s company, failed to provide some of the services that they had agreed on, such as an independent business manager and certain payments that should’ve been made to her.

Cardi B is being represented by Paul LiCalsi, an entertainment attorney who has represented major artist such as The Beatles.

Cardi B recently became the first female rapper to have two songs that reached number one on the Billboard Hot 100: I Like It and the Bodak Yellow.

 

 

 

 

Continue Reading

Music

Cardi B Makes History as First Female Rapper to Land Two No. 1 Singles

Published

on

Cardi B just accomplished something no other female rapper has done.

Thanks to her latest single, I Like It, the New York native is the first female rapper with two songs to reach No. 1 on the Billboard Hot 100, the music magazine reported Monday.

The track featuring Latin music stars Bad Bunny and J Balvin was released in May, and is the latest single off Cardi B’s debut studio album, Invasion of Privacy.

It follows the release of club anthem Bodak Yellow (Money Moves), which climbed to the top of the Hot 100 in October.

Four other female rappers have previously landed No. 1 singles on the Hot 100, including Lauryn Hill with Doo Wop (That Thing) in 1998. Lil’ Kim had Lady Marmalade with Christina Aguilera, Mya and Pink in 2001. Shawnna was featured on Ludacris’ single Stand Up in 2003, and Iggy Azalea with Fancy featuring Charli XCX in 2014.

Before her album was released, Cardi B began to garner attention as a regular castmember on the VH1 reality series Love & Hip Hop: New York.

She is currently expecting her first child with rapper Offset of hip-hop trio Migos.

The two tied the knot last year, but never went public with their marriage until Offset let it slip on stage last month during the BET Awards that they are husband and wife. Cardi B has since confirmed the marriage on social media.

You can watch I Like It below….WARNING,  the video  contains profanity.

 

 

Continue Reading

Breaking News

Multiple people shot at Capital Gazette Newspaper

Published

on

At least six people were injured in a shooting at the Capital Gazette building in Annapolis. One suspect is in custody.

Annapolis, Anne Arundel County and state police, along with officers from neighboring jurisdictions are at the scene in the 800 block of Bestgate Road, near the Annapolis Mall.

Four of those wounded suffered critical injuries. Two state police helicopters have been called the scene, and a triage has been set up, SkyTeam 11 Capt. Roy Taylor reports.

Suspicious packages were reported. SWAT officers will conduct a room-by-room search.

The Capital Gazette is owned by The Baltimore Sun. That paper reports police were at their building, as well.

Multiple casualties have been reported after a shooter opened fire in Annapolis, Maryland.

Police responded to the incident at the offices of local newspaper the Capital Gazette on Thursday afternoon at about 3pm local time. Dozens of law enforcement vehicles were seen rushing to the newsroom in eastern Maryland.

Anne Arundel Sheriff Ron Bateman told Fox News that there were multiple causalities, but that officers were still investigating the scene. Mr Bateman said that a suspect had been taken into custody.

Officer Marc Limansky with the Anne Arundel County police department confirmed multiple shots had been fired inside of the newsroom, but could not immediately say whether fatalities had occurred.

Mr Limansky described the situation as “active and ongoing.“

Annapolis Police Lt Timothy Seipp said that officers “are trying to clear the building” and make sure everyone was safe. “This is going to be a long investigation,” he said.

Local news reports showed people walking out of the building with their hands up and being escorted by police through the car park outside the building. Phil Davis, a reporter at the Gazette, told  the Baltimore Sun that multiple people had been shot.

A relocation checkpoint has been established for those separated during the incident at the nearby Lord & Taylor’s in the Annapolis Mall.

The Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives (ATF) Baltimore said they were responding to the incident.

This is a breaking story. Please check back for updates.

Continue Reading

Trending

Pin It on Pinterest

Share This