Connect with us

News & Entertainment

Whoopi Goldberg Calls Out Roseanne on ‘The View’ for Trying to Drag Her Into Cancellation Controversy

Published

on

Goldberg issues a stern warning to Barr: “Just because you were caught with your pants down, don’t try and drag other people down with you.”

 

The women of “The View” praised parent company ABC for canceling “Roseanne” Wednesday morning, while taking aim at the axed actress for spreading fake news about them overnight on Twitter.

After her show was given the boot, Barr returned to social media on Tuesday night, where she began liking and retweeting fans expressing outrage over the news. Amid the Twitter spree, she shared a doctored photo of Whoopi Goldberg — as well as a Photoshopped tweet from Joy Behar– as her followers cried “hypocrisy” over her firing.

Though Roseanne has since deleted the retweets, journalist Yashar Ali came through with the receipts.
Twitter Ads info and privacy.

After saying she thought it was “amazing” that ABC canceled her show, Whoopi addressed Roseanne directly. “She also retweeted a false picture of me. Now some bonehead Photoshopped a horrific image on the shirt and she retweeted this,” she said. “This is what I’m going to say, Roseanne. Just because you were caught with your pants down, don’t try and drag other people down with you. Don’t do that. There are times when, yeah, you gotta suck it up because you stepped in do.”

Meghan McCain added, “This is about you being a racist,” then pointed at Goldberg and Behar to clarify, “Dragging you and you into this, you didn’t do anything wrong.”

“The bottom line is simply this: I didn’t fake my shirt, someone else faked my shirt. But that’s your tweet. That tweet came from you,” said Whoopi. “That’s yours. You did this to yourself.”

While Behar has defended controversial jokes from comedians in the past, she said this comment was indefensible. “I always defend comedians, pretty much, because we’re under the gun a lot, we’re trying to get a laugh mostly. We stick our foot in our mouths a lot, I’ve done it many times, I’ve had to apologize many times,” she explained. “But I just felt like this went over the line and when you talk about racism, this is really a bad thing. This is an egregious offense. Even though I still say we all make mistakes, mea culpa, it went over the line so I can’t defend it.”

Sunny Hostin also applauded ABC for its decision. “She has a history of tweeting things that are inappropriate,” she said. “I think when you cross that kind of societal norm, you must pay the consequence. Firing her was the right thing to do, I’m thrilled ABC did it.” Hostin added she was “saddened” the show’s cast and crew had to suffer because of Roseanne’s actions.

 

Continue Reading
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

*

code

News & Entertainment

Black Teenager Attacked by Corrections Deputy in Florida, Investigation Underway

Published

on

A Florida corrections deputy has been placed on leave after going on the attack against a 17-year-old at a juvenile center … and it’s all on video.

The teenager, Terrance Devon Reed III, was taken to the hospital after the violent altercation with Sarasota County Deputy Neil Pizzo last week. The surveillance footage shows Reed sitting on a bench with his arms tucked in his shirt when Pizzo marches toward him.

As Reed stands up and takes his arms out, the deputy immediately goes for his throat. A struggle ensues before Pizzo throws Reed to the ground, but at no point does the teenager appear to fight back.

Another deputy jumps in to try to wrangle Reed’s feet, and that’s when Pizzo strikes the teen on the back of the head multiple times. Reed’s then cuffed and helped to his feet … but not before suffering abrasions to his head.

The altercation reportedly began after Reed — who was previously arrested and charged with contempt of court, probation violations and cocaine possession — became uncooperative in a police lineup.

That, of course, doesn’t justify the violence by the deputy, and Sheriff Tom Knight says he’s disappointed in what he saw and Pizzo’s failure to de-escalate the situation.

Knight says he placed the deputy on administrative duty while an internal investigation is conducted.

Continue Reading

News & Entertainment

Tamar Braxton Boyfriend Files A Restraining Order Indicating Domestic

Published

on

Tamar Braxton boyfriend is running to court asking for protection against her in what he describes as a domestic violence situation.

The singer’s BF, David Adefeso, filed for a restraining order Tuesday in L.A. seeking to prevent Domestic Violence and he’s asking a judge to grant him one against Tamar. For now, it’s unclear what he’s alleging she might’ve done.

It doesn’t look like the court has approved his request just yet  

At any rate, it’s another sign that things have been volatile lately in her life — especially as it pertains to David. Remember, he’s the one who called 911 not too long ago saying Tamar was threatening to kill herself. He also mentioned her WeTV beef to cops at the time.

Also keep in mind … family sources connected to Tamar have told us they believe she’s changed since getting with him — claiming her mood seems to align with his. We’ve also been told that David has come off as controlling in Tamar’s reality show, and that he’s been quite involved in her business decisions of late.

This continues to be a developing story…..

Continue Reading

News & Entertainment

Bodies of US Couple Found at Bottom of Well in Mexico

Published

on

The bodies of a missing US couple have been found at the bottom of a well in Mexico.

Ian Hirschsohn, 78 and his 73-year-old wife Kathy Harvey had been missing since August 31, when they were supposed to return home to San Diego from a trip across the border.

Their abandoned car was found in Ensenada, just 90 minutes from the US border, last week.

Investigators then made the grim discovery on Thursday in an unpopulated area just south of the tourist hotspot.

The bodies were recovered over the weekend; San Diego police confirmed their identities, CBS8 reported.

Family members said the couple had been staying at a rented house in El Socorrito, about 200 miles south of the border, a town they frequented over the past 35 years.

Kathy texted her son Robert on August 28 to say they were going to either explore a gold mine or visit a beach; however the family lost contact with them on August 31.

After reporting them missing, the Consulate General in Tijuana finally informed the family the couple’s Toyota Land Cruiser had been found in Ensenada.

“She was really enjoying retirement and had multiple groups of friends,” Robert told the site. “She loved walking and traveling.  She had a huge bucket list of where she wanted to go.”

An investigation is now underway. The cause of deaths has not been revealed, nor has a motive, but investigators suspect foul play.

Continue Reading

Trending

Pin It on Pinterest

Share This