Connect with us

News & Entertainment

‘RHOBH’ Casts Garcelle Beauvais and Sutton Stracke for Season 10

Published

on

Garcelle Beauvais is about to make Housewives history!

The actress, known for The Jamie Foxx Show, NYPD Blue and, most recently, Spider-Man: Homecoming, is officially joining the cast of Real Housewives of Beverly Hills, becoming the first black woman on the cast of the Bravo hit. Beauvais is one of two new additions to season 10 of RHOBH. She’s joined by party planner Sutton Stracke. Bravo announced the casting news on Thursday.

“I am excited and proud to be joining the cast of such a wildly popular and beloved show like The Real Housewives of Beverly Hills,” Beauvais said in a statement. “As a working actor who has been in the industry for some time, it’s exhilarating to have the opportunity to delve into a new chapter in the entertainment spectrum. As the first African-American Housewife in the Beverly Hills franchise, I am honored and humbled by this awesome opportunity to exemplify the fact that Black Girl Magic lives and thrives in every zip code!”

“I am thrilled and honored to be joining The Real Housewives of Beverly Hills,” Stracke shared in her own statement. “As a mother of three children who are also deeply committed to my efforts in philanthropy, my life is a balancing act. There is a lot going on in the best way possible and I strive to pursue all of my passions to the fullest. I am excited to share my true loves of art and fashion design and open the doors to my world. I am looking forward to this ride and where this journey takes me. Fun times ahead for this Southern Belle in Southern California!”

“I’m excited to share the many ongoing daily surprises, laughs and joys of being a working mother in today’s crazy world,” Beauvais added. “The hustle is R-E-A-L! No games, all heart and a little dash of fashion-filled sass is what you’ll get when you step into my sphere…and I wouldn’t have it any other way!”

Both women are pals of Lisa Rinna, who is also returning to the series, alongside Kyle Richards, Teddi Mellencamp, Dorit Kemsley, Erika Jayne, and Denise Richards.

Lisa Vanderpump, of course, is not returning to the show.

“It just became very difficult and I just said, ‘Oh, OK. That’s enough,'” Vanderpump told ET back in July, explaining her decision to walk away from the series after a tough season. She added that she didn’t “regret [leaving] at all.”

“What I regret is the fact that my exit wasn’t as positive as some of the wonderful moments I’ve had on the show,” she clarified. “But sometimes it’s just what life throws at you, isn’t it?”

Following Thursday’s casting announcement, Camille Grammer also revealed that she will not be back for season 10. “I wasn’t asked back,” she tweeted, claiming Richards made the decision to cut her. “It was was up to Kyle. I’m really fine. After the reunion, I didn’t want to come back.”

Continue Reading
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

*

code

News & Entertainment

Johnny Depp splits from girlfriend Polina Glen

Published

on

Johnny Depp has reportedly split from his girlfriend Polina Glen.

Polina, 24, has ended her relationship with the 56-year-old Hollywood actor and fled back to her Russia after finding the attention surrounding her “scary”, according to friends.

The Pirates of the Caribbean who was previously married to actress Amber Heard and Lori Anne Allison and has children Lily-Rose and Jack, with ex-partner Vanessa Paradis began dating the Russian dancer Polina Glen earlier this year.

However the dancer has ended their relationship and returned to her homeland Russia after becoming overwhelmed by the attention their relationship received.

According to a source, Polina is now keeping her head down in Russia and told Johnny plans to get married were madness.” The source further added that Polina had no interest in Johnny’s stardom or connections. She rather made efforts to ‘keep her head down while living him’ and instead chose to focus on her dance job.

The 24-year-old beauty also felt the actor was too “distracted” by his ongoing legal battle with his ex-wife Amber Heard, whom he sued for defamation for her allegations of domestic abuse against him

Continue Reading

News & Entertainment

MO’NIQUE SUES NETFLIX FOR DISCRIMINATION

Published

on

Mo’Nique is finally taking her accusations against Netflix for discrimination to a court of law … she’s filed a lawsuit.

In the suit, the Oscar-winning actress and comedian accuses Netflix of race-based discrimination for how it negotiated a comedy special with her. She says Netflix offered Amy Schumer $11 million for an hour-long stand-up special (she eventually got $13 mil), but only offered Mo’Nique $500,000 for her stand-up special.

Mo’Nique never accepted their offer, and went on a public campaign … which included coming on “TMZ Live” and calling for a boycott against the company.

According to the suit, she claims Netflix has a severe lack of diversity, which contributes to their discriminatory practices. Specifically, she claims one Netflix exec. — the Chief Communications Officer — used the n-word in a meeting with 60 people in 2018. Mo’Nique was not present for that meeting.

She also claims Netflix allowed Kevin Spacey to use the n-word while on the set of “House of Cards” without any consequence. In the suit, she alleges Spacey complained to his personal security guards, “I don’t want [n-words] on my set anymore.” She’s not suing Spacey.

Mo’Nique also used a major pay gap on the Netflix hit, “The Crown,” to illustrate alleged discrimination. She says the actress who plays Queen Elizabeth II was paid $14k per episode less than the actor who played Prince Philip — and it only righted the wrong after there was a public outcry about it.

She’s suing Netflix for unspecified damages, and for an injunction forcing the company to change its discriminatory policies.

Continue Reading

News & Entertainment

Beverly Hills Cop’ Sequel With Eddie Murphy Jumps to Netflix in Licensing Deal With Paramount

Published

on

Netflix has acquired the rights to shoot a new sequel to “Beverly Hills Cop” from Paramount, with star Eddie Murphy and producer Jerry Bruckheimer attached, Viacom CEO Bob Bakish announced Thursday.

The original 1984 action-comedy film, starring Murphy as a quick-witted, trash-talking Detroit cop who investigates his friend’s murder in Beverly Hills, was a huge hit for the studio — and spawned sequels in 1987 and 1994. The three films grossed $736 million worldwide.

Paramount had been developing “Beverly Hills Cop 4” for years — but pulled the project from its release slate in 2016.

In recent years, the studio has made deals with Netflix for completed films, selling “Cloverfield: God Particle” to the streamer for an early 2018 release and offloading overseas rights to the Natalie Portman sci-fi film “Annihilation” after a 17-day U.S. theatrical window. But it’s an unusual move for a studio to license its own IP for an unfinished film.

In recent months, Paramount parent company Viacom has shown an increasing willingness to make revenue-generating deals on its library of content rather than hoard those rights for its own internal streaming services as rivals like Disney, Comcast’s NBCUniversal and WarnerMedia have done.

This week, Viacom’s Nickelodeon announced a multiyear output deal for films and TV series with Netflix. And last month, the company sold the exclusive streaming rights to Comedy Central’s “South Park” to WarnerMedia’s HBO Max in a deal worth at least $500 million.

The “Beverly Hills Cop” deal also comes as Netflix has helped to revive Murphy’s career with its new release “Dolemite Is My Name,” which has generated awards season chatter. The star is also shooting the sequel to another Paramount comedy hit, 1988’s “Coming to America,” that’s due for theatrical release next year.

Continue Reading

Trending

Pin It on Pinterest

Share This