Connect with us

News & Entertainment

John Henry Spooner Sentence to Life In Prison in death of black Wis. teen Darius Simmons

A Milwaukee County judge sentenced John Spooner on Monday, July 22nd to life in prison without the chance for parole. Spooner is the 76-year-old man found guilty of first degree intentional homicide in the death of Darius Simmons. A Milwaukee County jury reached a verdict in the second phase of the John Spooner murder trial…

Published

on

A Milwaukee County judge sentenced John Spooner on Monday, July 22nd to life in prison without the chance for parole.

Spooner is the 76-year-old man found guilty of first degree intentional homicide in the death of Darius Simmons. A Milwaukee County jury reached a verdict in the second phase of the John Spooner murder trial Friday, July 19th. After less than 15 minutes, the jury ruled unanimously that Spooner did not suffer from a mental disease or defect when he shot and killed Simmons.

The mother of Simmons addressed the court on Monday with the help of her pastor. “I have no hatred for this man. I will pray for him. I want him to be held accountable for what he did to my son, Darius Simmons,” said Patricia Larry.

But when Spooner spoke to the judge, what he said shocked many. Spooner called the police who investigated his burglary crooked — and insisted the Larry children robbed him twice. Police said there was no evidence of that.

In the end, although Patricia Larry was working to forgive her son’s killed, Spooner went on the attack.

If Spooner didn’t know he was wrong, the judge told him with the harshest sentence available — life in prison without the chance for parole. Spooner’s lawyer asked the judge to get special protection for Spooner as he goes to prison due to the racial implications of this case. The judge is leaving it up to the state to evaluate. He will have to pay $58,000 in restitution out of his prison earnings if he lives long enough to do that.

John Spooner’s statement:

“I feel sorry for Darius. He had nobody that loved him enough to teach him to go straight. They screwed up my life. Like I say, crooked cops didn’t help. But like the videos, how much can a guy take. May God forgive you, Ms. Larry, for your lying, cheating and stealing. Like I say, I don’t know if I did right or wrong. The jury didn’t tell me. Nobody told me if I did right or wrong. I’m going to wait till I meet my maker.”

 

 

 

John H. Spooner

John H. Spooner

Continue Reading
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

*

code

News & Entertainment

Black Teenager Attacked by Corrections Deputy in Florida, Investigation Underway

Published

on

A Florida corrections deputy has been placed on leave after going on the attack against a 17-year-old at a juvenile center … and it’s all on video.

The teenager, Terrance Devon Reed III, was taken to the hospital after the violent altercation with Sarasota County Deputy Neil Pizzo last week. The surveillance footage shows Reed sitting on a bench with his arms tucked in his shirt when Pizzo marches toward him.

As Reed stands up and takes his arms out, the deputy immediately goes for his throat. A struggle ensues before Pizzo throws Reed to the ground, but at no point does the teenager appear to fight back.

Another deputy jumps in to try to wrangle Reed’s feet, and that’s when Pizzo strikes the teen on the back of the head multiple times. Reed’s then cuffed and helped to his feet … but not before suffering abrasions to his head.

The altercation reportedly began after Reed — who was previously arrested and charged with contempt of court, probation violations and cocaine possession — became uncooperative in a police lineup.

That, of course, doesn’t justify the violence by the deputy, and Sheriff Tom Knight says he’s disappointed in what he saw and Pizzo’s failure to de-escalate the situation.

Knight says he placed the deputy on administrative duty while an internal investigation is conducted.

Continue Reading

News & Entertainment

Tamar Braxton Boyfriend Files A Restraining Order Indicating Domestic

Published

on

Tamar Braxton boyfriend is running to court asking for protection against her in what he describes as a domestic violence situation.

The singer’s BF, David Adefeso, filed for a restraining order Tuesday in L.A. seeking to prevent Domestic Violence and he’s asking a judge to grant him one against Tamar. For now, it’s unclear what he’s alleging she might’ve done.

It doesn’t look like the court has approved his request just yet  

At any rate, it’s another sign that things have been volatile lately in her life — especially as it pertains to David. Remember, he’s the one who called 911 not too long ago saying Tamar was threatening to kill herself. He also mentioned her WeTV beef to cops at the time.

Also keep in mind … family sources connected to Tamar have told us they believe she’s changed since getting with him — claiming her mood seems to align with his. We’ve also been told that David has come off as controlling in Tamar’s reality show, and that he’s been quite involved in her business decisions of late.

This continues to be a developing story…..

Continue Reading

News & Entertainment

Bodies of US Couple Found at Bottom of Well in Mexico

Published

on

The bodies of a missing US couple have been found at the bottom of a well in Mexico.

Ian Hirschsohn, 78 and his 73-year-old wife Kathy Harvey had been missing since August 31, when they were supposed to return home to San Diego from a trip across the border.

Their abandoned car was found in Ensenada, just 90 minutes from the US border, last week.

Investigators then made the grim discovery on Thursday in an unpopulated area just south of the tourist hotspot.

The bodies were recovered over the weekend; San Diego police confirmed their identities, CBS8 reported.

Family members said the couple had been staying at a rented house in El Socorrito, about 200 miles south of the border, a town they frequented over the past 35 years.

Kathy texted her son Robert on August 28 to say they were going to either explore a gold mine or visit a beach; however the family lost contact with them on August 31.

After reporting them missing, the Consulate General in Tijuana finally informed the family the couple’s Toyota Land Cruiser had been found in Ensenada.

“She was really enjoying retirement and had multiple groups of friends,” Robert told the site. “She loved walking and traveling.  She had a huge bucket list of where she wanted to go.”

An investigation is now underway. The cause of deaths has not been revealed, nor has a motive, but investigators suspect foul play.

Continue Reading

Trending

Pin It on Pinterest

Share This