Connect with us

News & Entertainment

IRS set to audit Lori Loughlin and her husband over college admissions scandal

Published

on

 

The hits just keep coming. Lori Loughlin and Mossimo Giannulli, who are facing up to 40-year-prison sentences if found guilty of their alleged involvement in the nationwide college admissions scandal, will now be audited by the IRS.

According to the source, the twosome allegedly wrote off William “Rick” Singer’s reported scam services as a deduction. “They are being audited for five years on their personal income taxes, along with three years for Mossimo’s business,” the insider reveals.

Lori Loughlin and husband  Mossimo Giannulli

The When Calls the Heart actress, 54, and the fashion designer, 55, pleaded not guilty to charges of fraud and money laundering on Monday, April 15, after previously rejecting a plea deal that included a two-year minimum prison sentence.

“Her attorney told her not to take the deal,” a source said earlier this month about Loughlin’s decision.

Legal coach and crisis manager Wendy Feldman explained in April that the actress and designer had “no choice but to plead not guilty.”

“They missed the opportunity for a plea bargain during the first round, and now there might not be a deal available for them to take,” she said.

The actress previously seemed to be “in denial” about her situation, and recently started to accept her reality. “Lori is constantly arguing with Mossimo, because she is beginning to grasp that they are in very serious jeopardy,” the source also added, “She  has tried to hire new lawyers.”

The pair were indicted after allegedly paying Singer a bribe of $500,000 in order to have their two daughters, Bella, 20, and Olivia Jade, 19, represented as recruits to the University of Southern California crew team, despite the fact

Lori Loughlin and daughter Olivia Jade

that neither girl participates in the sport, ensuring their entrance to the school.

Mossimo was arrested on March 12 along with actress Felicity Huffman, who pleaded guilty to charges of fraud on April 8, while Loughlin was taken into custody on March 13. Both were released the same day of their arrests on $1 million bonds.

 

Continue Reading
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

*

code

News & Entertainment

DEMI LOVATO TO SING NATIONAL ANTHEM AT SUPER BOWL LIV

Published

on

Multi-platinum singer, songwriter, DEMI LOVATO will sing the National Anthem as part of Super Bowl LIV pregame festivities at Hard Rock Stadium in Miami on Sunday, February 2, the NFL and FOX announced today. 

The pregame show, including the National Anthem, will be broadcast live worldwide.

Lovato is a Grammy-nominated singer, songwriter, actress, advocate, philanthropist, and business woman. Within hours of the release of Lovato’s fifth studio album, CONFIDENT, the first single, “Cool for the Summer” trended worldwide and hit #1 on iTunes in 37 countries.

Lovato will join a prestigious line up of Super Bowl National Anthem performers, including: Gladys Knight, Lady Gaga, Beyoncé, Luke Bryan, Whitney Houston, Diana Ross, Jennifer Hudson, Billy Joel, P!NK, Jordin Sparks, Idina Menzel, Mariah Carey, Alicia Keys, and Neil Diamond.

In addition, on behalf of the National Association of the Deaf (NAD), CHRISTINE SUN KIM, internationally renowned sound artist and performer, will sign the National Anthem in American Sign Language.

The NFL previously announced that Jennifer Lopez and Shakira will headline the Pepsi Super Bowl LIV Halftime Show.

Continue Reading

News & Entertainment

Tyler Perry Will Make His Netflix Debut With ‘A Fall From Grace’

Published

on

Now that Tyler Perry has ended the Madea franchise, and has his very own state-of-the-art production facility in Atlanta, GA, Perry is trying his hand at another thriller movie with his upcoming Netflix film, A Fall From Grace,

Crystal Fox, Phylicia Rashad, Bresha Webb, Mehcad Brooks, Cicely Tyson (Academy Award® Nominee) and Perry round out the cast. Perry also writes and directs A Fall from Grace, and it was the first to be completely filmed at his Atlanta studio.

The film follows a newly divorced woman named Grace Waters (Fox) who falls in love with a young man named Shannon (Brooks). But when secrets erode her short-lived joy, Grace’s vulnerable side turns violent

After being arrested for killing her new husband and awaiting for her upcoming trial, her lawyer (Webb) digs deep to find out the truth behind her husband’s alleged death and find a way to try to prove her innocence. “When you wake up, you don’t know that today will be the day to change your life,” says a disheveled and hand-cuffed Grace in the new montage of scenes.

A Fall from Grace arrives on Netflix on January 17th; add it to your watch-list here and check out the official trailer above.

Continue Reading

News & Entertainment

Meghan, Duchess of Sussex, returns to Canada after bombshell announcement

Published

on

The Duchess of Sussex has returned to Canada after she and Prince Harry announced they were “stepping back” as senior members of Britain’s royal family.

Prince Harry remains in the UK and Meghan is expected to come back to London on Tuesday, when the couple are set to attend an event with Janice Charette, High Commissioner of Canada to the UK, at Canada House.

Meghan and Harry wanted to meet with Charette “as well as staff to thank them for the warm Canadian hospitality and support they received during their recent stay in Canada,” according to a statement from Buckingham Palace.

The couple recently returned from Canada, where they spent the Christmas holidays with the duchess’ mother, Doria Ragland.

“The Duke and Duchess have a strong connection to Canada. It’s a country The Duke of Sussex has visited many times over the years and it was also home to The Duchess for seven years before she became a member of The Royal Family,” the royals said on their Instagram page, Sussex Royal, on Wednesday.

The latest developments follow the shock announcement that the pair plan to “transition into a new working model” and become “financially independent” after stepping back from their roles as senior members of the British royal family.

There was said to be a mood of deep disappointment in the palace following the announcement, and senior members of the family are hurt as a result of the news.

Meghan and Harry’s desire to become “financially independent” has also sparked questions as to how they will be able to do this.

The pair published detailed documents outlining the structure and funding of their household, which revealed they receive 5% of their income from the Sovereign Grant — a lump sum of UK taxpayers’ money given to the Queen every year — and 95% from the Duchy of Cornwall, the private estate controlled by Prince Charles, Harry’s father.

Media reports have suggested that Meghan was independently worth around $5 million before she married Harry, who inherited millions from his mother Princess Diana.

However UK newspaper The Times reports that Charles may withdraw funding from the couple if they completely withdraw from their royal duties.

Observers say the couple are unlikely to struggle for money and could generate income from a UK trademark for their brand ‘Sussex Royal,” which the couple applied for in June, as well as sponsorship or speaking tours.

Continue Reading

Trending

Pin It on Pinterest

Share This